Country Fun Child Care follows the following Sun Safety Practices for children during their care:
- Keep infants younger than six months out of direct sunlight. Find shade under a tree, umbrella, or the stroller canopy. Child’s parent/legal guardian is strongly encouraged to provide protective clothing to be worn for infants younger than six months.
- Wear a hat or cap with a brim that faces forward to shield the face to be provided by Child’s Parents/Legal Guardians.
- Wear child safe shatter resistant sunglasses with at least 99% UV protection when age appropriate, to be provided by Child’s Parents/Legal Guardians.
- Limit sun exposure between 10 AM and 4 PM, when UV rays are strongest.
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher to all exposed areas, especially the face (avoiding the eye area), nose, ears, feet, and hands and rubbed in well especially from May through September. Country Fun Child Care will provide sunscreen approved for usage by children. A Child’s Parents/Legal Guardians are also welcome to provide their own sunscreen, which will be clearly labeled with their child’s name.
- Sunscreen will be applied, as close to thirty minutes as possible, before going outdoors to allow time to absorb into the skin.
- Sunscreen will be reapplied every two hours while outside, as it can wear off.
- If children are playing in water, reapplication will occur more frequently.
- Follow all label instructions on the sunscreen.
- If an allergic reaction is observed, providers or staff will discontinue usage immediately and follow up with timely notify the child’s parents/legal guardians. An injury/accident form requiring parent/legal guardian signature will be completed.
The Child’s Parents/Legal Guardians signature(s) here provides the required written permission to apply sunscreen to their child covered by this Care Agreement with Country Fun Child Care.
Child’s Parent/Legal Guardian Signature: