- This age child is more self-sufficient, more verbal and more socially oriented, with a better sense about who they are and what they want.
- Provider/staff need to model both actions and words, because children at this developmental age will imitate everything they see and hear.
- Preschoolers need inclusion of structured activity time, both indoors and outdoors.
- Children in preschool accumulate at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day through structured games, music with movement, etc., and a minimum of at least 60 minutes is provided for unstructured, vigorous play.
- Children are not sedentary for more than 60 minutes at a time except, when sleeping.
- If children must bring toys from home Country Fun Child Care will not be responsible for loss or damage.
School Age (Kindergarten and up)-
- Children this age are challenging, enjoyable and are not any easier to care for than other ages.
- They need more space and less structure.
- School-age children also need and want adult attention.
- They need someone to listen to them, a chance to relax, support completing homework, and outdoor play to release pent-up energy.
- They are provided with an opportunity for at least 60 minutes of vigorous supervised activity, whether unstructured play or organized games and sports when with us for the full day.
- For many parents/legal guardians when dropping off your child(ren) at this age, provider/staff realize it is not necessary to walk them to the door. However, when picking up your child, it is necessary provider/staff have contact.
Ride-on equipment may be brought from home and left during the week for use outside. A helmet, and any other safety gear, needs to also be provided by the legal guardian. The equipment will be stored outside with safety gear in the garage. Country FUn Child Care is not responsible for any items left here overnight.