Materials & Equipment
Equipment and materials for indoor and outdoor play have all been carefully chosen for the ages of the children using the equipment. Inappropriate equipment (too tall or not appropriate for the skills of children) is made inaccessible to children who should not use it.
- All equipment is checked for loose or broken parts and that bolts and screws are receding or are covered with plastic caps.
- The play dirt area is bleached and turned over regularly for extra prevention.
- Children are actively supervised and visible to present adult while playing outdoors.
Country Fun Child Care supports the importance of children having the opportunities to participate/experience “risk” in a supervised/supported environment. Without these opportunities a child’s normal development can be negatively impacted. With changes to the Family Child Care Licensing Rule that covers play equipment Country Fun Child Care has decided to further address possible concerns by having parents/legal guardians sign an extended Usage of High-Risk Equipment permission form. This form will be updated at least annual, but can be changed at any time by parent/legal guardian request and will be maintained as part of your child’s record.
Pollution, including tobacco smoke, mold, carbon monoxide, ozone, particles from burning materials, chemical vapors, smoke, soot and dust particles in the air may be harmful to children who breathe them. Pollution can cause burning eyes, a stuffy nose, and trouble breathing, including asthma episodes, in children and adults. Country Fun Child Care supports a healthy environment by:
- Opening windows and doors to provide fresh air from outside.
- Properly maintain any air filtering systems.
- Vent the clothes dryer to the outside of the building.
- Have exhaust fans in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Make sure art materials meet ASTM standards.
- Insure appropriate ventilation when using art materials.
- Check local media alerts for days when children should play indoors, such as days when there are ozone alerts.
- Promptly repair roof, pipe, and basement leaks.
Smoking, Prohibited Substances
There is no smoking or use of prohibited substances allowed on the premises of Country Fun Child Care at any time. This is a Smoke Free Zone.
Country Fun uses the least amount of chemical control of pests on the premises in order to provide the healthiest environment. In the event that pesticides are used, parents/legal guardians will be notified.
Preventative measures taken include:
- Keeping grounds clear of food and rubbish.
- Cleaning trash cans regularly.
- Taking out trash weekly or as needed.
- Storing food in sealed plastic or metal containers.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all dishes, utensils, and surfaces used for eating or food preparation after meals and at the end of the day.
- Preventing pest entry into facility by sealing cracks and holes, using and repairing window screens and door sweeps.
- Moisture control by maintaining plumbing and water drainage systems.
The water source is a drilled well that is tested yearly for safety. The results are kept on file and viewable at any time.
On-Site Sewage System (Septic System)
The septic system is pumped yearly.
To help with the general maintenance of our septic system, we:
- Do not flush strong chemicals such as drain cleaners, paint thinners or floor cleaners
- Keep cars and heavy equipment off the drain field
- Fix all leaks on faucets and toilets
- Reduce water usage
- Monitor for signs of failure such as foul odors inside or outside, gurgling sounds in the plumbing, sewage on the ground, backed-up sewage inside the building and slow draining fixtures
If our septic system fails, we will notify the local health department and our licensing specialist.
There is currently hunting materials in storage on the premises. Storage meets licensing guidelines. Guns and ammunition are stored separately in locked containers. They are stored in areas that the children do not have access to.