If care is not needed on a normal care day please notify Country Fun Child Care as soon as you know. Text works well: 207-615-3678.
It is important to keep me informed in a timely manner, of any changes in your child’s home life, as it helps in caring for your child and supporting their development. Any change in the status of legal guardianship needs to be provided to Country Fun Child Care in legal form. This form will be added to the child’s record.
If, at any time provider/supervising staff feel that a child’s safety is at risk by getting in a vehicle with a parent/legal guardian or individual designated for pick-up, an attempt to talk to, delay or convince them to let provider/supervising staff call someone else to come pick the child up. If the individual insists on leaving with the child, provider/supervising staff cannot legally stop them. However, immediately upon their departure the police will be contacted. Notification of the vehicle plate number and direction that the individual was headed will be provided. Any actions regarding this policy will be documented.
- Child’s Parents/Legal Guardians are to take their child’s temperature either before coming to the facility or upon arrival at the facility. Child who has a fever of 100.40 F (38.00C) or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted for care.
- Child’s Parents/Legal Guardians will verbally confirm that they have completed the provided daily health check at home.
- Provider/supervising staff will also do a visual inspection of the child for signs of illness which could include flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, or extreme fussiness.
- Provider/supervising staff will sign child in and note child’s parents/legal guardians response on daily health check.
- Only the child will enter beyond the doorway/entry hall into the program space. Outer clothes will be hung up and any bags from home stored on provided shelf/cubby.
- Child will go wash hands before touching anything within the facility.
- Child’s Parents/Legal Guardians picking up child remains on the porch area, not entering facility.
- Provider /supervising staff will help child prepare to leave the program and send out to Parents/Legal Guardians or designated individual authorized for pick-up.
- Maintaining physical/social distance provider/supervising staff will communicate with child’s parents/legal guardians about the child’s day.
To ensure the security of your child, they will only be released to a person for whom Country Fun has written consent by the parents/legal guardians. parent/legal guardian may provide individual notices or may complete Country Fun Child Care’s authorization for pick-up form. This form constitutes written consent. In emergencies, provider/supervising staff will release a child with consent provided over the phone, only if called by a parent/legal guardian, to someone on the written consent form. Provider/supervising staff will check photo identification for individuals other than child’s parents/legal guardians doing pick-ups.
Unless it is an emergency situation, whenever a child is transported off-site by Country Fun Child Care, it will only be with prior permission by child’s parents/legal guardians. All vehicles that would be used to transport children are registered and insured. Current registration and proof of insurance documents are kept in the vehicles. Drivers are licensed. Required state transportation class will be completed by provider before any transportation outside an emergency takes place.