I believe that all children deserve the opportunity to be healthy and successful. Healthy eating and physical activity are crucial for proper development and improve concentration, memory and mood, helping children become better learners. In the past Country Fun Child Care has directly participated in Let’s Go! 5-2-1-0 Goes to Child Care, a community program that provides trainings and resources.
While I value the trainings, resources and general message of 5-2-1-0, I also value the use of current technology as another tool within my program. Country Fun is a mixed aged program where children under 2 also have exposure to this technology / screen time. 5-2-1-0 has a no screen time under 2 policy. I cannot in good faith meet that policy, so I no longer directly participate in 5-2-1-0.
You will find a complete explanation on my approach and usage of technology under “Screen Time Policy“.
I continue to work to make Country Fun Child Care a healthy place for your children to learn and grow. We follow the five Let’s Go! healthy strategies.
- We limit unhealthy choices for snacks and celebrations and promote healthy choices instead.
- We limit or do not provide sugary drinks and provide water instead.
- We do not reward children with food.
- We provide opportunities for children to get physical activity every day.
- We limit recreational screen time.